Una mappa per orientarsi nella lettura e comprensione di un testo e qualche semplice linea guida per riuscire a rispondere alle domande cercando di evitare gli errori.
Dopo la mappa, troverete un testo e una serie di domande con risposta, svolte seguendo le indiczioni della mappa.
THE BATTLE OF FLOWERS
Every summer, Jersey celebrates the Battle of Flowers. Only 90,000 people live on the island. But the spectacular parades attract 30,000 visitors each August. The first Parade of Flowers was in 1902, to celebrate the coronation of King Edward VII (Queen Victoria’s son). The parade was very popular and soon it was a regular festival. It was traditional for the men to throw flowers to beautiful women in the crowd. At the end of the parade, the crowd had a “battle” with all the flowers. Now there are about 100 floats (= carri) and bands every year. People from the island work for months to create incredible designs. They use more than 150,000 real flowers and paper flowers and work all through the night before Battle Day. Competition for the prizes is intense, but now they don’t have a “battle” with the flowers at the end of the parade on Battle Day! The next evening, they put lights on the floats and they have a Moonlight Parade along the seafront. Finally, the festival ends with spectacular fireworks on the beach.
1.When is the Battle of Flowers?
The Battle of Flowers is (takes place) every summer
2.How many people live on the island of Jersey?
90,000 people live on the island.
3.When was the first festival?
The first Parade of Flowers was in 1902
4.What did the first Parade celebrate?
The first Parade celebrated the coronation of King Edward VII
5.What do men traditionally do during the Parade?
Men traditionally throw flowers to beautiful women in the crowd
6.What do they use during the Parade?
They use more than 150,000 real flowers and paper flowers
7.Do they have a “battle” now?
No, they don’t have a battle now.
8.When is the MoonLight Parade?
The MoonLight Parade is the day next the battle
9.What’s the final event of the Festival?
The final event of the Festival is spectacular fireworks on the beach.
Altre Mind Maps che ti potrebbero interessare:
- Fasce climatiche per la terza elementare
- Simple Present per la quinta elementare
- Present Continuous per la quinta elementare
- I gradi dell'aggettivo in inglese
- To be, Simple Present
- Giunone: divinità romana
- Presente de Indicativo per la prima media
- Mind Map: che cosa c'è nel cielo
- La Civiltà Greca: Mind Map per la quinta elementare (1)
- Civiltà Greca: Mind Map per la quinta elementare divise per argomento (2)
- Mind Map : Some & Any per la prima media
- Mind Map: il plurale dei sostantivi inglesi per la prima media
- Mind Map: energia (quinta elementare)
- Mind Map: dalla cellula all'organismo (prima media)
- Mind Map: batteri e Alghe Azzurre (prima media)
- Mind Map: Zero, First, Second Conditional (seconda media)
- Mind Map: come scrivere una Daily Routine (prima media)